• How did it all start for you?
I started collecting records around 2004 and one year later I made my first steps on the turntables. After some months of practicing and rehearsing i played my first gigs around my hometown.
• Who is your biggest inspiration? Who do you have a lot of respect for?
There are a lots of idols for me. It’s hard to name them all, so just a few names: my Paracou colleagues, Kerri Chandler, Daniel Stefanik, Audio Werner, Chez Damier, Daniel Bell, Sven Weisemann, Mood II Swing, Delano Smith, St.Germain, Floating Points, Air, Vangelis and many many more.
• Are you able to share any of your secret tricks with me?
Keep on practising every minute and if you’re stuck don’t be shy to ask your good colleagues for feedback or help.
• What is one mistake you see a lot of up and coming DJs making? What advice would you give to aspiring DJs?
For me the biggest mistake someone can make is not staying true to yourself. Be authentic! Never loose your roots, your friends and family.
• If you could eternally be stuck in one year’s music scene, which year would it be?
1996! For me one of the best years of House Music.
• What is something that bugs you about the DJ scene?
Sometimes i’m missing the musical variety in the DJ scene. You can change DJ XYZ with DJ ABC but the music is the same. For me every DJ needs his own unique sound. For another bug I have to quote my colleague Oliver Klostermann: „ It bugs me, that a lot of my colleagues put way more effort into their marking skills then their artistic output and actually have more success that way. But I guess just how the world works.“
• What is one track that got popular that you can’t stand?
There are too many…